Leslie Nevison may have been born in Canada, but Africa is now her chosen home. Based in Lusaka in Zambia Leslie runs Mama Tembo Tours and specialises in diverse safari programs which include remote location “gems”; spontaneous cultural interactions; and first class wildlife observation.
Leslie’s programs appeal to those seeking highly personal, quality travel.
Mama Tembo’s website has lots of testimonials if you want to get a flavour of the trips:
The trip opened my eyes to reality and how privileged we are in Canada, but also how much we take for granted. I have never stopped to think about the beauty of nature, of trees, plants, soils, birds, mammals, reptiles, etc. until I travelled to Uganda.
Not a day goes by where I don’t think about my experience there and what it has taught me and I am so grateful to have experienced it with my Grandma. Hands down Uganda, Africa was an experience of a lifetime and something I will remember for the rest of my life! Uganda, Africa will be forever in my heart.
Where in Africa will I go?
- Uganda is an excellent choice for affordable safaris; first-ever safaris; family safaris; and Mountain gorilla safaris.
- Benin: Benin’s National Day of Voodoo is one of Africa’s best festivals. Do not travel to West Africa for wildlife. Come for the history and culture.
- Congo: Congo is the destination for adventure safaris & gorilla safaris. MTT’s lowland gorilla safari to Nouabale-Ndoki National Park won National Geographic Traveler 50 Tours of a Lifetime Award in 2014.
- Gabon: Travel to Gabon for affordable adventure safaris & lowland gorilla safaris.
- Kenya: Kenya is a great destination to see the annual wildebeest migration. It is an excellent choice for migration safaris; affordable safaris; first-ever wildlife safaris; and family safaris.
- Rwanda is best known for Mountain gorilla safaris. Rwanda’s gorilla safaris are easily combined with a Tanzanian or Kenyan wildlife safari.
- Tanzania is the destination for wildebeest migration safaris; first-ever safaris; and family safaris. It is also the destination for Mount Kilimanjaro climbs and Ngorongoro trekking & hiking.
- Zambia: Someday everyone will catch on that Zambia is Africa’s best kept secret. MTT provides the best affordable and tailor-made Zambia safaris.
- Zimbabwe continues to make progress in regaining its former reputation as pre-eminent Africa safari destination. No safari aficionado should miss Mana Pools National Park, known for its canoe safaris and walking safaris.
Mama Tembo Cheza – a guest house near Lusaka
Leslie’s new venture is a guest house Mama Tembo Cheza, on their five acre woodland plot in a quiet rural area of Lusaka. Just 30 drive from the airport, it is a perfect place to prepare for a trip, or unwind after one, when you just can’t bear to go home.
Mama Tembo is one of the Women owned travel companies listed on Womentravel.info
More links for women travellers…
- Tours for Women around the World
- Tour Companies run by Women around the World
- Accommodation for Women around the World
- Women who are Local Tour Guides
- Retreat Places for Women Around the World
- Tours which include Retreat Themes