Debbie Kindness loves India and loves helping women explore it. Her company Incredible India Tours has regular women only trips, you can find her trips on WomenTravel.info.
They have a few spaces left on the 3rd November departure and are offering US$500 off if you book by 20th September – see it here
- You’ll visit lots of major sights including Varanasi on the Ganges and Jaisalmer in far-western Rajasthan, plus some lesser-known gems.
- You’ll have lots of free time to shop/spa/yoga/cook or whatever you like to get up to on holiday.
- You’ll have a truly personalised experience with a small group of no more than 10 ladies.
- You’re sure to make new friends as you spend 23 days with a group of like-minded lovely ladies.
- You’ll be escorted in country by the lovely Kim – an Australian who lives most of the year in India.
- You don’t have to pay a single supplement if you’re traveling on your own as you’ll be matched with other single ladies and this means you might even get your own room occasionally.
One of the highlights of the Women-only tour this year is Stepwell Square in Jodhpur.
For the last 5 or so years, part of the crowded, ramshackle 15th century walled city of Jodhpur- directly under the ramparts of the majestic Mehrangarh Fort (one of India’s largest and arguably the most striking fortresses), has been undergoing a transformation unparalleled in India.
Toorji Ka Jhalra – a beautifully traditional Rajasthani stepwell – has been revived by the JDH Urban Regeneration Project – a team which includes the owner of Raas – a 5 star boutique hotel, a stunning development comprising several old renovated and refurbished havelis (mansions) in a 1.5 acre plot directly adjacent to the stepwell. The Project combines real estate development and architectural restoration, creating retail and cultural spots within the walled city and the grand plan is for a 2sq. km area to be resurrected. For now, Stepwell Square – the area around the stepwell is a fascinating area consisting of cafes, restaurants and various upmarket boutiques in surrounding buildings.