In 2016, French Escapade are offering 2 tours in Belgium:
a cultural tour for women-only, only 2 spots left-April 27-May 4.
- a co-ed pastel workshop with artist Steven R. Hill, from June 30 to July 7.
Jackie Grandchamps will be delighted to be your tour leader on both trips, showing you all the treasures of her native Belgium, with a little step in the Netherlands.
On our cultural tour, you will stay several days in the hilly Ardennes region, surrounded by deep forests and peaceful sceneries. Daily visits include:
- the battle of the bulge museum and tea time chatting with a WWII survivor,
- a beer brewery,
- a hands-on Belgian cookies workshop
- chocolate tasting, and more….
Then, the second half of your stay, you will be accommodated in a charming hotel near Bruges, in the flemish part of Belgium. No more hills, but canals and windmills for your eyes’ delight.
You will discover there:
- Bruges, the Venice of the North
- Optional bike-riding along canals to nearby Holland
- a day by the North Sea in Ostend, with its famous fun boardwalk
- visit of the WWII Atlantic Wall
And much more … Belgian waffles, mussels and French fries (with mayonnaise of course!!!!) for this exceptional tour of Belgian seen through the eyes of an authentic native
Your leader Jackie writes:
Instead of the traditional ‘tourist’ sightseeing trip, I wanted to immerse very small groups in the culture, let them meet the locals, eat authentic regional cuisine and ‘live’ the actual local experience. That’s how French Escapade was born
More links for women travellers…
- Tours for Women around the World
- Tour Companies run by Women around the World
- Accommodation for Women around the World
- Women who are Local Tour Guides
- Retreat Places for Women Around the World
- Tours which include Retreat Themes
When Jackie Grandchamps and Valerie started to organized cultural tours for women in France in 2004, they did not know that their business would expand to other countries in Europe and the USA. And despite the international destinations now proposed, they have kept their business name, French Escapade. Not only the size of the company has […]
Jackie and Valerie, the founders of French Escapade, are dedicated to find the best authentic and breathtaking locations for your travel, and have recently expanded their team to include Natalia Verges, whose speciality is Spain. She has already led 3 tours to Spain this Spring. Jackie and Valerie, the founders of French Escapade, are dedicated […]