Women love spending time together, and there could be an endless number of things that we want to do – going shopping, visiting the spa, enjoying coffee dates, and going out on trips.
Weekend destinations are the great because we get to experience things beyond the four walls of the office or the routine runs of the week.
One great escapade that sounds super fun is going to the Alps. Here are some tips on enjoying the best possible vacation in the Alps designed for women…
Alps Vacation Budget Tips for Girls
If you’re worried that embarking on an Alps vacation will remain a dream, worry no more! Travel to the Alps on a budget and you will have a great vacation with your girls when you follow these tips:
1. Buy plane tickets early
Just like taking any kind of trip that requires you to ride on a plane, it is always best to book your flights ahead of time. Book your flight at least ten to fourteen weeks before your desired trip. Before you grab any cheap ticket sale, though, make sure that it meets your travel needs – in terms of schedule and convenience.
2. Check for cheap fares online
Use flight search engines so that you can compare costs on different airlines. Using flight search engines will direct you to travel agencies that could book the flights for you, for a service fee. To get the cheapest possible deal, go directly to the website of the airline company that flies to the Alps, and then compare the flight costs.
3. Ask airline companies for discounted fares
Some airlines would offer great deals on airfare and hotel accommodation. Knowing how much the accommodation costs in Europe are, grabbing this kind of deal would mean a lot of savings.
Not most people know this but booking one person at a time may let you get the available discounted fares compared to booking in groups.
4. Subscribe to travel sites
You may want to sign up with travel websites to receive updates on the cheapest fares across multiple airlines.
5. Consider a travel agency
Ski holiday companies like AlpineElements.co.uk can offer great holiday deals in Greece, Austria and France. Choose companies that have been running its business for a long time, with a long list of satisfied customers to boot. By choosing this kind of travel and tours agency, you can be assured that you’ll be happy with the kind of service that you will receive and be expectant of a vacation to remember.
6. Look for deals on your vacation needs
Should you decide to search for your own hotel or resort, check if they offer deals on accommodation, ski packages, and bus transportation. With this kind of deal, you can definitely save a lot.
You may also want to look for coupons from the hotel or resort you are staying. They can help you save up on dining, tourist attractions, and museums.
7. Be wise in choosing your accommodation
Your biggest savings would probably come from choosing inexpensive hotels and resorts. Popular resorts are very expensive, and you might not have much fun skiing in such crowded slopes. With inexpensive resorts, you will enjoy miles of off-piste terrain and see beautiful attractions without droves of people destroying your peaceful vacation.
8. Look for ski passes
You may want to check ski passes in the U.S. that include days at international resorts. These passes are generally cheaper than regular prices.
9. Keep your shopping at bay
Try to control yourself from spending too much once you arrive at your destination. There’s a big chance that you will be tempted to go to different shops, as the Alps also offers a lot of drool-worthy items that may tempt you into buying. Stick to your primary purpose of going to the Alps for sightseeing and skiing, and not be swayed to go on an unplanned shopping spree.
10. Opt for public transportation
Try to be more like the locals when it comes to travelling within the area. Ride a bus or train to help you save up, rather than taking a taxi or joining an organized tourist bus. Always bring along with you a map to help you locate the places you want to go to.
11. Visit public places
Enjoy the beautiful outdoors by going to parks. This is a great way to mingle with the locals, as you may get additional information on what other places to visit or events to experience.
12. Choose your food wisely
Be thrifty when it comes to food choices. For starters, meat may be expensive in some places. You may want to eat more vegetables and deli meat instead for your protein needs.
You may find best deals on food at Indian, Chinese and Mediterranean restaurants because they provide huge portions per serving.
Best of all, you may bring along your own food rather than having to spend on expensive restaurants.
13. Consider living with locals
Have you ever heard of couch surfing? This kind of accommodation allows travelers to live with the locals for free or at a heavily discounted rate. You get to learn more about the place and hang out with the people as well.
Getting your Gears Ready
To get you ready for your trip, make sure to pack only the necessary items so you won’t need to carry around so much. Here are some tips to help you pack for your trip to the Alps:
- How many days are you spending on your vacation? Just bring enough clothes that will suffice for your whole trip.
- Bring along warm clothing, scarves, socks and gloves to ensure that you keep yourself warm all the time.
- To keep your baggage light, consider buying your toiletries from the local supermarket.
- Bring some snacks along with you so you can have something to eat in case you get hungry.
- Don’t forget your first aid kit. If you are currently taking any medications, make sure that you bring it along with you.
- You wouldn’t want to go anywhere without a map. This is very helpful in getting you to different places.
- You should not forget to bring your camera to capture all the great memories you will have on that place.
- Bring enough cash with you to pay for transportation, porter tips and the like.
Tips For Travelling In Groups
Going on a vacation alone is different from travelling with your friends. Here are some tips to make sure that your next group vacation will be smooth-sailing:
- Plan your activities before booking: It’s not good to argue on which places to visit or what activities to go to, when you’re already there in the Alps. List down your plans ahead of time.
- Discuss sleeping arrangements: Make sure that everyone agrees with who sleeps where and with whom. Some people prefer to sleep alone, while others like sleeping with the lights on.
- Check if everyone is ready: A day before the trip, ask everyone if they have packed the things that they need. Make sure that everyone has their travel documents, cash, and other valuables in tow.
- Be flexible: We all have varying preferences, so be prepared to adjust to your companions during the trip.
You will definitely have a blast, now that you know how you can save up on your Alps getaway. Travelling to the Alps is bound to be an unforgettable experience, whether you spend it alone or with family and friends.