Carol Christ and the Ariadne Institute for the Study of Myth and Ritual run several tours a year for women around the theme of “Goddess Pilgrimage to Crete.”
Spend two weeks with twenty women exploring the ancient pathways of the Goddess as embodied in Crete.
- Walk on the stones of the ancient sites of Knossos, Phaistos, Malia,
- Kato Zakros, Archanes, Mochlos, Myrtos, and Kato Symi.
- Discover the matrifocal subtext of Christianity at Paliani with its sacred myrtle tree, Kera Kardiotissa, and Kritsa.
- Nourish your soul in the museums of Heraklion, Agios Nicholaos, and Siteia.
- Descend into the caves of Skoteino, Amnissos, Psychro, and Ida.
- Hike in the mountains at Zaros, Zakros, Archanes, Psychro, and Ida.
- Stay in small villages, meet local people, dance to Cretan music,
- feast on freshly cooked fish, tsatsiki, taramosalata, feta cheese, tiny olives, fried potatoes, local wine…
Feel Her power in holy mountains,
sense Her mysteries in the darkness of caves,
pour out libations of milk and honey on Minoan altars.
Contact a sacred energy that will transform the way you feel about women, yourself.
Carol Christ, Ph.D
Carol visited New Zealand several years ago and stayed with me – she is a pioneer and founding mother of the Goddess, women’s spirituality, and feminist theology movements and directs Ariadne Institute which seeks to:
Address the mind, body, and spirit, encouraging “embodied thinking” and personal transformation. Several hundred women of all ages—including artists, writers, educators, students, businesswomen, and homemakers— have participated in our programs since 1993. We are joined in the Ariadne sisterhood and keep in touch through our newsletter Ariadne’s Thread.