Here are a Ten Very Good Reasons
from Venus Adventures – Global Trips for Women
I have been to Morocco with Julie and some Venus Adventurers – in fact I am one of the people in this photo – that is me on the left! What a time we had – lots of laughs, and food, shopping (did I really need that berber rug?) and meeting some amazing Moroccan people along the way.
Any way here is Julie of Venus Adventures sharing why she runs and enjoys running Women only Trips…
There is nothing wrong with travelling solo as a female, and in fact, it is good for the soul, your sense of adventure and opening your mind. But if you want the hassle taken out of travel (when you travel independently, you spend a lot of time each day just planning your next day), then going with the right group is a great option. Especially with Venus Adventures. We know what you want – you want to feel like you are experiencing a place and not just looking out the bus window!
Here are some compelling reasons to go on a women-only trip with us:
- Travel in a small group with like-minded women: it’s like travelling with friends! Venus Adventures specialises in women-only holidays and travel.You will make good friends in this supportive environment, where you can let your hair down. Travel in a small group: for a more authentic experience.
- We take you to amazing and exotic places which you might not visit on your own. You can enjoy these places in thecomfort and safety of a group.Time for some fun! Some trips are more cultural, some are more adventurous – all of them are fun.
- We do things women like to do: from cooking classes, to drinking tea and chatting with the locals, to trawling the markets for exotic treasures, to enjoying gin and tonics as the sun sets over the desert! And you can shop whenever you like..
- Meet the locals: We make sure you have interaction with the local peoples to really get to know them and how they live. We adhere to a responsible tourism code, respecting the people and environments we travel in.
- RELAX you are on holiday! Venus Adventures trips are all-inclusive, so no need to worry about money on the trip (… except when you might go mad shopping). In fact there is nothing to worry about at all, because we take care of all the details.
- Take on a new challenge: If there is a great little adventure to be had, we do it – but we only do things that are fun and worthwhile and add to your experience. This might be a scenic hike in the mountains, or a camel ride into the desert, or even a fun raft trip.
- Enjoy: We sample the local food, we stay in clean, comfortable accommodation (twin-share basis, but single supplement available on request).
- Help out: In certain destinations we ‘give back’ to support communities, schools or hospitals, by donating clothes, school books etc. Always a rewarding experience.
- It is a safer, more relaxed environment, no competition with the men … or for the men! -It is more relaxing to visit/shop/look at something/take ones time/etc and not wonder if ones partner is – or isn’t- enjoying himself. Mixed trips change the dynamics of the group. Always! Let’s face it, the clock is ticking! If you can’t organise yourself to get out the door and go travelling, let someone else do it for you! -Without guys around you can relax more – not intimidated by the way you look or dress and usually have a hell of a lot more fun and laughs. In fact, most women end up dressing up just to look good for themselves!
- Women talk the same language: Women travelling together are for the most part easy going, not competitive, more open to trying new things, more comfortable in our own skin, and more willing to let a country and its people under our skin. Also, we can forget about our roles in life (wife, mother etc) and focus all our energy on just being us! …and last but not least: Because men are from Mars and women are from Venus! (simple really…)
More links for women travellers…
- Tours for Women around the World
- Tour Companies run by Women around the World
- Accommodation for Women around the World
- Women who are Local Tour Guides
- Retreat Places for Women Around the World
- Tours which include Retreat Themes
More articles about Venus Adventures
Julie Paterson of Venues Adventures for Women writes the story of how a Bedouin woman became a trail guide in Sinai Um Yasser, a middle-aged Bedouin woman of the Hamada tribe in South Sinai, was born in a rock house, but spent much of her childhood living in a cave dwelling in the desert, where […]
Julie Paterson is the founder of Women’s Tour Company Venus Adventures. New Zealand born, she is particularly passionate about northern Africa and often gets asked for packing tips, or what she would NOT leave behind when she goes travelling… 1. Ditch the money belt! It is really important to have a decent shoulder bag! I got […]
Julie Paterson is a modern day nomad and director of Venus Adventures for women. I have visited Morocco with Julie and want to go to Ethiopia next – she is passionate about Arab culture and a wonderful guide in Muslim countries In these days of rampant Islamophobia, a trip to an Arab country could do […]