I am not a specialist photographer, but I carry a camera and a phone to capture a memory or two along the way – to share with my blog posts some of the visual magic of a trip or encounter.
Tui Sovereign are running an Instagram competition at present – there are only 100 entries so far for a prize of 1000 pounds, so the odds are pretty good. Post you perfect holiday picture on Instagram to win and tag it #myparadisemoment
Exhilaration #myparadisemoment rafting the Clarence River NZ My first rafting trip!
Five beginners tips for great photos on Instagram are:
- Set up an Instagram Account! Of course an obvious step – but being set up to go and psyched up to be ready to post to Instagram is a good start.
- Carry your phone at all times, and make sure it is charged. While there are various ways to upload to Instagram, the most straightforward is via your smart phone. The Instagram app provides a seamless process for uploading.
- Get a friend to carry a phone too! Otherwise there will be no photos of you eating those scorpions, coming up after a dive, or meeting a special person.
- Tag your photos with story and information
- Watch for a moment and plan for it. The photo that I posted on Instagram for this contest is at the top of this post. We had been down some small rapids, I knew the exhilaration of that moment when you have made it through. So I got the camera out ready to capture the moment, ready to risk the water getting on it to capture the moment.
Now from the experts – some hints on how to get the best shots Here and from the serious experts of Travel photography at National Geographic
More Photography Posts
Wonderful Women Round the World – Celebrating International Women’s Day
AN ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT CURATED BY JOURNEYWOMAN JourneyWoman thought International Womens Day would be a perfect opportunity to present an online photography collection of ‘Wonderful Women Round the World.’ All of the images in this exhibit were taken by female and male bloggers as they circled the globe on their own personal journeys. As each […]