There are heaps of suggestions for women travelling on their own – I trip over them a lot on twitter, but I came across these ones by Alexis Grant, and I thought – Now that IS helpful. Read her full article for more detail on these – here is the summary:
If you’re about to embark on a solo trip or are thinking about traveling alone (Go! Go!), here are nine tips to make your trek the best it can be:
1. Befriend local women.
2. Book a bed for the first night.
3. Only bring what you can easily carry.
4. Carry food.
5. Also carry a book.
6. Expect to pay more than couples.
7. Look for roommates.
8. Consider wearing a (fake) wedding ring.
9. Make an effort to be friendly.
Have you traveled alone? If so, Visit Alexis website and add your tips in the comments.